An Image Says it ALL (Learning Activity 6-1)



Once my students create their blog link on their Google Site. I plan to start with them adding a Flickr photo, citing it correctly, and telling me why they chose the photo. My students love to search for images, but think they can just download them and use them. I think it is important to show them a proper web tool to use and how to cite it properly. I also am interested to see what and hear why they chose what they did. There are many other ways Flickr could be used in the classroom. Students can use it to search for images to use on projects or interactive assignments. 

I chose an ocean. It is my happy place. I can picture myself laying on the beach, listening to the waves without a care in the world. This is more than just water and a sunset. I think it is calming and beautiful.

I look forward to introducing my students to this web tool. 

 

Cuba Gallery. (2011, February, 4). Ocean. Cuba Gallary’s Photostream. Retrieved from https://flic.kr/p/9fyftm

 

Comments

  1. What a splendid idea! We usually start a year with introductions, so this makes sense. It introduces them to Flickr as well as allows for self-expression for everyone. I think because you can choose to use other people's images, it makes it less frightening for students to publish, rather than their own art work. I also like the idea of citing the work to begin that digital citizenship quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plans, for using Flickr in the classroom, are an excellent way to begin lessons on digital responsibilities. Starting small, with citing one picture, makes the task less daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My students also like to use any photo they find online! I like your lesson of having students put the image on their blog and telling you why they chose it. Flickr is a great resource for this lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having students post an image with their initial blog post is a great idea. It gets students working with photo sharing and attribution right away. Also, having them tell a short story based on the image they selected encourages creativity and promotes higher-level learning. I must say the beach is a happy place for myself as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pandemic factoring into the use of Zoom/Google Meet (Learning Activity 7-5)

Utilizing Genius Hour or 20% Time (Learning Activity 8-2)