Modified Lesson Using Social Bookmarking (Learning Activity 4-4)

 I chose to modify my PA History Final project by adding in Symbaloo. I chose this because it is a research project and it would be nice to have resources all in one place. A major advantage is that each corner can be for one of the four places students can choose from for their project and students can collaborate to find websites that will be helpful. A disadvantage is that some students may just wait for others to find good websites to utilize. 

Here is the project template with a general overview of what to do. Students would have detailed instructions on Google Classroom. 

Final Project with Symbaloo Shared link added that we will add to. 

Comments

  1. This is an excellent activity for your 5th grade students to get into research. You have even given them choice in this one, and that is fantastic! Will each student have editing rights to the Symbaloo? Even though it is not a social bookmarking tool, I can see Google Explore citation tool also being used in this activity!
    ...This is a great plan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to give editing rights to the kiddos. I am assuming this is an easy thing to do and I am going to for sure look into it as I want to utilize this for research projects! I also agree that the Google Explore is an amazing tool. I already showed my coworker for her ELA classes and she is so excited!

      Delete
  2. The layout of the research plan should really work well for 5th graders who need that scaffolding. Your research is carefully curated for your learners. I love that you shared the Explore with your ELA counterpart. I plan on incorporating Explore as well for the research project. So many cool tools you are sharing with your students!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pandemic factoring into the use of Zoom/Google Meet (Learning Activity 7-5)

An Image Says it ALL (Learning Activity 6-1)

Rising Technologies in the Classroom (Learning Activity 3-1)