Podcasts in the Classroom (Learning Activity 6-2)

Here is the link to the podcast I chose. There was not a “share” option, so I just copied the link. I hope this takes you to the correct spot. It is 2 min. Called “Outer Space”. I chose to go through Google Podcasts. This has been something I wanted to check into for a while now. I chose to go through Google Podcasts. This has been something I wanted to check into for a while now.

The reason I chose this podcast was more for a student example. I would love to do something similar to this when we do our space unit coming up in science. I think the kids hearing another kid do a podcast would be refreshing. They often only have examples from me. 

I searched a few different podcasts. Nothing I was searching really seemed appropriate for 5th graders. I tried finding something with testing motivation. I thought that would be good leading into the PSSA testing weeks that are approaching. I was unable to find anything. Let me know if any of you have anything short, and motivational to share with my students for testing! I then went the route of considering what I can actually use in my future units. I searched outer space and when I found one made by another student, I thought it would be the perfect add-on to my Space unit! 


Comments

  1. I totally agree wit h you that taking the time to find student examples of published work motivates students to excellence. Often, they think the adult models are impossible to achieve and are intimidating. I like to find examples of Advanced and Proficient to show them the difference a few details can make. Often, the models from students explain more than a rubric. Thanks for reminding us of this important connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you chose a student podcast example. What better way to motivate your students than by showing them what a student their age created! I feel connecting with a peer is more meaningful than listening to something created by an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like the best way to use podcasts with students is to have them actually create original podcasts themselves. This would make the material completely relevant to them. Students are not very involved in a lesson by listening to somebody else talk. I do not see a strong need for using podcasts in the classroom on a regular basis, but they are nice to include from time to time assuming the topic is appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pandemic factoring into the use of Zoom/Google Meet (Learning Activity 7-5)

An Image Says it ALL (Learning Activity 6-1)

Student Blogging Idea (Learning Activity 3-3)