Student Blogging Idea (Learning Activity 3-3)

I found a really cool blogging challenge idea for students! Check it out here. It seems as though she changed the challenge a bit due to the pandemic, but there is still a “self-paced” blog option available. This is an idea I could use moving forward with my own students. It impressed me that she came up with so many different unique ideas including tying in emojis, real photographs, and Earth Day. I also liked how there were reflection Google Forms and feedback forms along the way. I feel that this would be an idea I can for sure utilize in my technology class or as a cross-curricular activity. 


Comments

  1. Yes! I looked at the same site, and thought how cool it was that she used alternative forms of expression. I also liked that the 'assignment' was a connection to outside of the classroom. I thnk the inclusion of those Forms and Check Ins make it easier for parents to see the 'grades' to acknowledge progress in the curriculum. I feel like I would have to do a lot of front loading for the students to feel comfortable with all the different prompts, as they are technically challenged, but the creativity should appeal to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the original organizer of the student blogging challenge. I ran it for 10 years but once I retired from teaching handed it over to another person. I am still there helping in the background. I am about to start putting it up on twitter with the hashtag #stubc if any of your children or teachers would like to take part. We have a group of volunteer commenters who will come to your students posts once they have put the link on that page where the challenges are. Just do one challenge every week or two weeks - up to you how you can fit it into your curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the self paced idea and the use of forms along the way. That is a great way to provide feedback. This is a great way to incorporate blogs into your classroom and while encourging students with their writing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pandemic factoring into the use of Zoom/Google Meet (Learning Activity 7-5)

An Image Says it ALL (Learning Activity 6-1)

Rising Technologies in the Classroom (Learning Activity 3-1)